Billy Ng writes:
If my app needs to overwrite the ROOT.war, will it only kill the tomcat's examples? if not, what are the problems will I get? I notice the tomcat 4 exe installer installs the admin stuff, will it be a problem if I overwrite the ROOT?
Thanks!
Billy Ng
Hello Billy, u don't want to do this. the ROOT application context is actually a "docBase" defined in server.xml. and, this is the /examples webapp that lets u see the tc documentation and other usefull stuff online w/o directory references. in the long run u r much better off creating u own webapp .war and exanding it in ur own webapps directory. see the /examples build: ant and build.xml. i u r not already familiar w/ the java and tc way of building projects u really need to look in to using ant. hope this helps, david.