Greetings,

I'm getting this exception when I try to lookup and cast a DataSource:

[catalina.out]
javax.naming.NamingException: DbcpDataSourceFactory: driverClassName is
required
org.apache.naming.factory.DbcpDataSourceFactory.getObjectInstance(DbcpDataSourceFactory.java:199)
org.apache.naming.factory.ResourceFactory.getObjectInstance(ResourceFactory.java:177)
javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getObjectInstance(NamingManager.java:301)
 org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:835)

[server.xml]
I'm using a <resource> inside <globalNamingResources> and linked with
<resourceLink> in <context> (but I already tried a explicit <resource>
inside <context>).

[web.xml]
I'm using a <resource-ref>.

System:
-tomcat 4.1.2 (JavaWebServicesDeveloperPack 1.0.1)
-dbcp 1.0
-jdbc oracle driver (renamed to jar and without javax.sql package) in
common/lib directory.

But I know that the driver is being loaded because before call my web
application, I saw this info message in catalina.out:
"
DbcpDataSourceFactory:  driverClassName=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver,
url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@192.168.89.52:1521:dbtest, user=test_01
"

I don't know why but it works fine in tomcat 4.0.6 I got it in other
machine. So, what is the problem here?

If need I can supply the exactly configurations (resource, resource-ref,
...).

thanks,
Pedro Salazar.

--
pedro salazar (pt-inovacao) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
key id: D803BC61