Simon Kelly writes:
Hi,
I am trying to get my servlet to write to and read from files within my
webapp structure. However, when the servlet runs it seems that the working
directory during its lifecycle is c:\xxx\tomcat 4.1. Is there any way, in
web.xml, to force the servlet to run in it's own app directory structure?
Regards
Simon

Institut fuer
Prozessdatenverarbeitung
und Elektronik,
Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe GmbH,
Postfach 3640,
D-76021 Karlsruhe,
Germany.
Tel: (+49)/7247 82-4042
E-mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hello Simon, servlets do run in their own webapp directory structure if defined in their own web.xml and deploy w/ and expanded .war file. u have not given enough info on what u have done in terms of deployment and what u r planning to do as a project goal. thanx, david.