Hi:

I am integrating Apache 2.0.4 and Tomcat 4.1.12 on Win 2K.

This is what I had performed:

   Installed Apache 2 and tested successfully.
   Installed Tomcat 4.1 and tested successfully.
   Downloaded mod_jk-2.0.42.dll into the modules directory of Apache.
   Created jk folder in conf of Tomcat. Created workers.properties file.

workers.tomcat_home=c:/Tomcat-4.1
workers.java_home=$(JAVA_HOME)
ps=\
worker.list=ajp13, ajp14
worker.ajp13.port=8009
worker.ajp13.host=localhost
worker.ajp13.type=ajp13
worker.ajp13.lbfactor=1

5. Edited the Server.xml file to include the following -

<Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig"
modJk="c:/Apache2/modules/mod_jk-2.0.42.dll" jkDebug="info"
workersConfig="c:/Tomcat-4.1/conf/jk/workers.properties"
jkLog="c:/Tomcat-4.1/logs/mod_jk.log" />

and

  <Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig" append="true" />

6. Restarted Tomcat, it generates the auto directory with the mod_jk file containing
the following

<IfModule !mod_jk.c>
  LoadModule jk_module c:/Apache2/modules/mod_jk-2.0.42.dll
</IfModule>

JkWorkersFile "c:/Tomcat-4.1/conf/jk/workers.properties"
JkLogFile "c:/Tomcat-4.1/logs/mod_jk.log"

JkLogLevel info

<VirtualHost localhost>
    ServerName localhost

    JkMount /admin ajp13
    JkMount /admin/* ajp13

    JkMount /webdav ajp13
    JkMount /webdav/* ajp13

    JkMount /blmt ajp13
    JkMount /blmt/* ajp13

    JkMount /examples ajp13
    JkMount /examples/* ajp13

    JkMount /tomcat-docs ajp13
    JkMount /tomcat-docs/* ajp13

    JkMount /manager ajp13
    JkMount /manager/* ajp13
</VirtualHost>

7. copied this into the httpd.conf file of Apache after the last LoadModule.

8. Restarted Apache.

Now my site works fine when I use localhost - i.e

http://localhost/mysite/index.jsp

But when I try to give my computer name its giving file not found error. i.e

http://computer1.domain/mysite/index.jsp

But Tomcat seems to work fine- i.e

http://computer1.domain:8080/mysite/index.jsp

And Apache works fine while serving the html pages - i.e

http://computer1.domain/demo.html

I have checked on google, and the mailing list, nobody seems to be having this kinda
problem. Have I missed out any steps in the configuration? Do I have to set any
attributes in the config files? Any hints appreciated.

Thank you.

vim