> Yeah, I've just installed it on a server I'm planning to put into
> production in the next couple weeks and it's working like a charm.
> Having said that I'll admit two things

> 1) I didn't try to run the examples

I did.  :-)  With a fresh install, it is the first thing to do, just to make
sure that you are OK to that point.

> 2) I've been using tomcat since it's earliest releases, so I know how to
> get a deployment up and running fast

It wasn't my first tomcat install, either.  Still, it was a new clean
install, and trivially simple.  Then I started moving over my web apps from
another JSP container.

That was a bit more fun (some issues related to connection pooling and
session handling), but I got it done, and learned a lot about how tomcat
does sessions and listeners in the process.  I just posted a generic
listener class for people to have as a plaything for learning about
lifecycles.

FWIW, the problem I encountered porting the code is that we had a shared
pool in application scope, and related session content in session scope.
The session would try to persist, but the application content would be gone.
So in that web app I now invalidate the session when passivating as an
interim solution.

Came across an interesting defect in jasper, by the way.  AFAIK, there is
nothing in the JSP spec that says that you cannot declare a bean within the
source code for a JSP page (e.g., for a generated page that has an embedded
form), but jasper apparently cannot handle it.  I'll write it up with an
example when I've some free time.

        --- Noel