Hi,

OK, thats right but where are the messages written to? Into a logFile?

Patrick

Jon Eaves wrote:

Hi all,

Try these:

        <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.SystemErrLogger" />
        <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.SystemOutLogger" />

Cheers,
    -- jon

Patrick Kosiol wrote:

Hi,

this is a good question. In Java there is also a "System.err". So I am also interested where the Messages were written. How does Tomcat handle those errormessages? Are them be logged in a special file oder easiely given out through the console. Are there differences between Linux and Windows systems where the Tomcat runs?

thx
Patrick

Fabien Roy wrote:

Hi!

Where is stderr sent? Where is this defined?

I have the following line in my application log (the path is defined in
server.xml)

2002-12-11 12:45:42 cgi: runCGI: 1 lines received on stderr

And I would like to know what that line is...

Thanx

Fabien