Hi Mike,
Thanks for your observation.
The main problem is :
whenever i try to use some chinese content in the jsp whether in the body or
in the java code, the jsp tags are not being parsed by the jsp engine with
tomcat4.1.12.
And hence, in the html output, I am finding that the <%...%> tags are left
as they are. This is not happening for english content.
Don't bother about the fact that the ??? maks are not showing as chinese if
your email client can show chinese.
For example,
        <BODY>
        <form name=frm1 action="page2.jsp" method=POST>
        <Select name=sel1>
        <option value=1>??????</option>
        <option value=2>????</option>
        </select><br>
        <input type=submit value=submit>
        </form>
</BODY>
I hope it shows the chinese.
Any idea what the problem can be (I feel the problem could be with tomcat,
but am not sure)?
Regards,
partha