From: Jonas Bosson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 10:56
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Apache+mod_dav+connector dilemma

Dear tomcat wizards.

I can't get mod_dav to work since the jk connector routes all http
method calls for *.xml pages to tomcat. Any solution I can think of
requires a modification of the connectors in tomcat.

Before I proceed, I need help to decide what the best solution is:

Alt 1: Allow the connectors to act within <location> instead of for the
whole host/virtualhost so that a apache virtual folder can be shielded
from the connector. This allows for operations to be exclusive for
apache within this location.

Alt 2: Method filtering by argument to jkmount. This would allow mod_dav
to function and tomcat to serve dynamic responses only to GET, HEAD and
POST.

Alt 3: A response from tomcat (and the servlet) to the connector that it
should find the next suitable match in apache. This way we could decide
if tomcat or apache should handle the request dynamically.

... the simple solution that I am missing.
else I am ready to start modifying the connectors.

Rest regards,
--
Jonas Bosson
HomePage: http://www.illuminet.se/