Not sure what JK2 needs to work, I don't use it.  You should be able to
build it from the same source package as JK.  I was able to do so on my Red
Hat test box, but it took quite a bit of hacking around.

JK isn't really "deprecated", the dev team is just pursuing JK2.  In my
opinion, JK is quite stable and JK2 is not ready for "prime time", though
that is my personal preference.

John