If you are launching background threads make sure either:
- The threads are background threads
or
- The threads get "killed" on shutdown

If tomcat shuts itself down - the JVM it is running in will run until there are NO non-daemon threads running.

-Tim

Alexander Wallace wrote:
Hello. I have some classes that are started by a servlet when tomcat starts, their main method has a timer to execute some stuff periodically. When i shut tomcat down, the classes remain running. How can i make them shut down with tomcat?
The reason they stay up is probabbly the same for their log file to be catalina's log and not my app's log, which i still have not figured out how to change.

Thanks!