Hi,

I have a servlet that opens a DataInputStrem on the request (see below)

public void doPost(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
   throws ServletException    {

 try{
   // Open the I/O streams
    DataInputStream in = new DataInputStream(request.getInputStream() );

After this pice of code I cant' access any more to the request parameters.
Infact this code:

request.getParameter("anyParameter")

retrieves ALWAYS null.
The strange thing is that this servlet was Ok for tomcat 3, but can't work
any more with Tomcat4.

Anyone can explain why opening a DataInputStream alters the
HttpServletRequest?

Thanks

-- Ivan Venuti --