To all,

I had a servlet communicating via JDBC to an Interbase database on Tomcat 3.? and
Apache 1.3.27, I can't remember tomcat version version.

Now that I have Apache 2.04 and Tomcat 4.1.17 up and running the same servlet will not
connect, the log file indicated it won't/can't load the database driver.

Has there been some security updates to Tomcat that prohibit loading a databse driver
unless specified ?

Here's the localhost_log.2002-12-17.txt file error message,

Error Loading interbase.interclient.Driver

...and here's the servlet code..

import interbase.interclient.Driver;
import java.io.*;
import java.util.*;
import java.sql.*;
import java.text.*;
import java.lang.*;
import java.net.*;
import javax.servlet.*;
import javax.servlet.http.*;

public class DBServlet extends HttpServlet {

  protected String dbURL =
"jdbc:interbase://127.0.0.1//opt/tomcat/webapps/bd/database/main.gdb";
I tried this also
// protected String dbURL =
"jdbc:interbase://localhost//opt/tomcat/webapps/bd/database/main.gdb";

    super.init(config);
    try {
        Properties prop = new Properties();
        prop.put ("user", "SYSDBA");
        prop.put ("password", "masterkey");

THIS is the line that bombs!
        Class.forName("interbase.interclient.Driver");

Thanks,
-Peter