Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but mod_jk using the ajp13 and later protocols
is supposed to leave connections open.  One of the reasons behind the change
from ajp12 to ajp13 was to get away from opening a connection to Tomcat for
every servlet/jsp served by Tomcat.

If you're having trouble with lockups at a certain number of connections, you probably
need to tune the Tomcat thread pool (server.xml), Apache/IIS, and/or the underlying
operating system.  Keep in mind that resources can be quickly exhausted when running
IIS/Apache + mod_jk + Tomcat + your application + database + etc. all on one machine.

Best Regards,

Jason Koeninger
J&J Computer Consulting
http://www.jjcc.com

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002 10:11:08 -0800, Tuan H. Le wrote:

>We are experiencing this open connection issue in our environment. Though, we are
>using IIS redirector (isapi_redirector2.dll) with Tomcat 4.1.12. Tomcat hang when the
>current
connection at around 250. We have to restart IIS or Tomcat every time this problem
occurs to release the connections.