Hi,

I have a servlet to start the ConnectionPool, which I wrote and registered it in web.xml of my application. I set the <load-on-startup>. So, the ConnectionPool should be started when Tomcat starts.

My question is when Tomcat used as stand-alone, the ConnectionPool started once. But when Apache was used as Web Server, the ConnectionPool starts twice: once at the time to start Tomcat, the other one at the time to start Apache. Therefore, the number of Connections doubled. I doubt may be two web servers were used: Tomcat mini Web server and Apache Web server. So, I comment out the port 8080 connector in server.xml. But ConnectionPool still started twice. It looks like that web.xml run twice. Is any one can tell me when use Apache as Web Server how can run web.xml only once?

Any help to this question shall be highly appreciated.

Ching-yu Hsueh