From:   Ben Ricker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Mon 12/23/2002 5:49 PM
To:     Tomcat Users List
Subject:        Re: Urgent - Issue with Tomcat/mod_jk?
I had suspected that in the problem earlier in the day (the part of the
email I posted at the end if the last email you replied to). However,
what did not make sense was the connection pool woth the database also
going up.

If I understand the stuff below, after 85 concurrent connections (max
connections + accept count) I would start getting the "Out of
Processors" error. However, I cannot see how this would cause the
DATABASE connection pool to grow as large as it did (we usually handle
50k connections a business day with 5 pooled connections; during the
earlier problem, the database connections went to *30*, our maximum).

Additionally, why would we contine to get the following error:

2002-12-23 09:07:28 Ajp13Processor[12009][18] process: invoke
java.io.IOException: Broken pipe
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Native Method)
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:91)
        at org.apache.ajp.Ajp13.send(Ajp13.java:525)
        at org.apache.ajp.RequestHandler.finish(RequestHandler.java:501)
        at org.apache.ajp.Ajp13.finish(Ajp13.java:395)
        at org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Response.finishResponse(Ajp13Response.java:196)
        at org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Processor.process(Ajp13Processor.java:464)
        at org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Processor.run(Ajp13Processor.java:551)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

without seeing the "Out of Processor" msgs?

I may be looking at two independent problems: one a scalability issue
with the ajp13 processors (which are at the ddefault setting, btw) and
some other issue I am in the dark about.

Anyway, these questions are rhetorical. Thanks for the reply and do not
feel obliged to answer back. I need to start putting pressure on the
developers to help me out here.

Thanks again,

Ben Ricker

Ben Ricker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>