As I do not use apache/tomcat on windows I cannot give an authorative answer
on where to get mod_jk

but there are binaries located at
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/release/v1.2.0
/bin/win32/

and
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/release/v1.2.1
/bin/win32/

that were prepared by the connector team.  These should be for the jk
protocol and not the jk2 protocol

As for the binaries offered by John Turner on his web site he offeres three
different binaries for windows but they appear to listed as specific for
Apache 2.0 which suggests that they are the jk2 protocol.  and from the
comment in prior email today, these do indeed appear to be jk2 binaries

there should be no reason why you cannot rename them to what ever name you
wish but if you keep the name it comes with you will have some idea as to
its pedigree

Jeff