In server.xml:
Set cookies="false" for your application context.
Eg: (Taken from sample config from 4.1.18)
<Context className="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext" crossContext="true" reloadable="false" mapperClass="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextMapper" useNaming="true" debug="0" swallowOutput="false" privileged="false" wrapperClass="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper" docBase="examples" cookies="false" path="/examples" cachingAllowed="true" charsetMapperClass="org.apache.catalina.util.CharsetMapper">

This should turn cookies off for sessions. If you do not URL encode your sessions - then there will be no way for users to be sticky.

The bad part is - every request will allocate a new HttpSession. (If request.getSession(true) is used or every JSP does not contain the command to not not create a session. )

-Tim

David Klimek wrote:
Hello,

I would like to use mod_jk as simple loadbalancer without sticky sessions.

Is there any way to disable sticky sessions in mod_jk?

I don't have jvmRoute atribute set but sessions are always sticky.

I'm using
    mod_jk-1.3-eapi.so
    apache 1.3.26
    jboss-3.0.4_tomcat-4.1.12