Denise,

Within your JSP page, you can put <% application.log("..."); %> anywhere you
want to put out a message to the log.

<% application.log("entering CCProcess"); %>

<% if (condition) { application.log("forwarding to verify"); %>

<jsp:forward page="/Verify.jsp" />

<% } else { application.log("forwarding to retry"); %>

<jsp:forward page="/Retry.jsp" />

<% } %>

I did that from the hip, and might have some typos.  Just trying to
illustrate logging within a context similar to what you are likely doing.

        --- Noel