Thanks, Larry and Paul. (Paul, I don't think I got your whole message, it seemed to be truncated)
The '-' at the beginning or some lines are *not* in the actual file. I run tomcat from a window so that I can have live debugging on my development computer instead of running it as a service....in the Tomcat window, it shows ContextXMLReader: Context config=$Tomcat_Home\conf\apps-BS.xml
AutoWebApp: Loaded from config: DEFAULT:/BS
ContextManager: Tomcat configured and in stable state
ContextManager: Adding DEFAULT:/BS

So that all looks good....but then there is an error...
XMLMapper: Can't find resource for entity: -//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN -->http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2.3.dtd "null"

What does this error mean?

Thanks a lot!

Sarah

Larry Isaacs wrote:

There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the XML below,
assuming the '-' at the beginning of some lines are *not* in the
actual file.

Check the log output of Tomcat to make sure no problems are being
reported at startup and when tomcat receives the browser request.

Cheers,
Larry