Hi,

i would like to know if it is possible to indicate in the HTTP header of a response a
name for a ressource.

Let be a little clearer.

I got a controler servlet wich map all request with "*.do". I check the URL use the
name before the ".do" to know the command.
For exemple, if the request is "getRequest.do", my servlet look for what to do with
"getRequest".

My problem is that i use this servlet to serve native contents (such as images, video,
etc ...). On request like "getNativeContent.do?id=42135125", my servlet look for the
native content of id=42135125, and send it back to the client. I set the correct
"content-type" and use a ServletOutputStream to send binary content.

It works fine, but i've got a light problem. It seem's that the content type is not
always used by the client to know wich application must be run, but the file name is
used (the extension of this filename). Or, the filename that the client see is
"getNativeContent.do" and so the extension is "do". In this case, the user is prompted
for which application must be associated with the ".do" extension. More that this, if
the user want to save it to disk, the defaut name is "getNativeContent.do".

Is there a way to indicate a name for the ressource beeing served to the client ? I've
spent much time on the HTTP RFC, be i can't manage to find what i'm looking for.

Sorry for my awfull English.

Regards,

    Cédric