From: Tim Funk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Tomcat Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Authentication and Filters
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 09:52:29 -0500

Filters are only performed on the incoming request. So the filter chain is executed once and only once per request.

There is an option in the 2.4 Servlet API to allow filter chains to be invoked on .includes() and .forwards().

See section 6.2.5 of the Servlet 2.4 Spec for more details.

Tomcat 5 will support the Servlet 2.4 Spec. Tomcat 5 is not released yet and there is no known timetable as to when it will be released.

-Tim

Jacob Hookom wrote:
Authentication aside, does the servlet container work such that an
include or RD operation has the option of passing through the filter?
If so, as of which release?

Best Regards,
Jacob