No since web.xml is servlet specific (and Realm are Tomcat specific). On solution is to create your_app_name.xml that contains a <Context> element that define your realm, put it under /WED-INF and include an HOW-TO-DEPLOY-THIS-WEB-APP file somewhere in your war file to tell people how to deploy your app (meaning tell the Tomcat administrator to add the realm information to the server.xml for you)

-- Jeanfrancois

Harsha Yalagach wrote:

Greetings,
I have developed an application that uses Realm. I have put the information
regarding the Realm in the serverl.xml file of Tomcat. I want move this
information to the web.xml file or any other configuration file in the war
file. Is there a way to do it. If yes, please show me some light in this
regard.

Thanks in advance...

Warm Regards,
Harsha Yalagach

Any opinions, explicit or implied, are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily
represent those of Cerebra.This Email may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient or have received this Email in error, please notify us at [EMAIL PROTECTED] immediately and destory this Email. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this mail is strictly forbidden.
Cerebra Integrated Technologies Ltd , Bangalore, India