From: Paul Yunusov [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2003 2:19 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: interesting java.lang.NullPointerException error when first
viewing an index.jsp page - refresh once and page loads correctly

On Friday 10 January 2003 04:15 pm, Brandon Rodak wrote:
> This may be a rather easy issue but with my limited knowledge of Tomcat -
> thought one of you more qualified folks would have a solution.
>
> Whenever I visit the initial index.jsp (via index.htm as a workaround)
page
> I get the following server error:
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException at
> org.apache.jsp.index$jsp._jspService(index$jsp.java:75) at
> org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:107) at
> and so on....
>
> Clicking F5 or Refresh once loads the page - so you can see it is quite a
> nuisance - we have implemented Apache 1.3.27 with Tomcat 4.0.6 - I have
> also posted some lines of the catalina log and error logs for review
below:

It might help if you post some snippets from the JSP. The stack trace for
the
NPE gives you a clue where in the JSP to look for the culprit and what
snippet to post.

Paul

<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For additional commands, e-mail: