On Friday 10 January 2003 04:23 pm, Luc Foisy wrote:
> Is the Cookie defined in the Servlet API permanent by default? It doesnt
> really say that in the docs. You might be able to assume that since you
> have a setMaxAge() method, but if you want to change it back to permanent,
> there would be no way to do so (not that I want to, just really wondering
> if its permanent)

I looked at Cookie.java from jakarta-servletapi-4 and there is a line that
says:

private int maxAge = -1;        // ;Max-Age=VALUE ... cookies auto-expire

there. The constructor doesn't interfere with this either. I don't know if
this is implementation-dependent or established somewhere in the spec.

Paul