I am at a loss. My last guesses:
- Its a programming issue
- Your tomcat has virtual hosting set up that tomcat treats localhost/webapp and 192.x.x.x/webapp as different webapps

Tim

Albrecht Berger wrote:
1 - Is the request going to the same tomcat server?

yes, there is only one

2 - Does the url look like this:
http://www.foo.com/bar.jsp;jsessionid=ou812

sure,
I have the following urls on my development server (local) :

http://localhost:8080/webapp/example.jsp;jsessionid=abcd

https://192.x.x.x:8443/webapp/example.jsp;jsessionid=abcd

the ip in the second url is the localhost server, too.

berger