From: Reynir Hübner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 8:28 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Precompiling JSP

Hi,

In my understanding it really only affects performance.

The first request on a jsp always takes longer to execute because at that time it must
precompile the jsp.
If you run a precompiler (such as jspc) on the jsp pages before you start up the
server (or at startup) you will shorten the time of response on the first request of a
jsp page.

If you are dealing with performance there are many other things that you might want to
look at.
I recommend the following page as a good material on this matter:
http://www.javaperformancetuning.com/

Hope it helps

[EMAIL PROTECTED]