Whenever wierd stuff like this starts happening, I've found that it's really
helpful to have some kind of "man in the middle" processes to watch what's
coming and going over the wire, like packet sniffers, or a logging proxy,
etc. Anything that you can stick between a "working" browser and the actual
application that can give insight to the comings and goings of the requests,
and what's in the headers.

Of course, then I realized that your going over SSL, which kind of makes
that difficult to do.

Any chance you can run over HTTP within a controlled environment?

While it's nice to apply standards, and assume that things SHOULD work, they
don't really help when what should work doesn't, and then it's all reverse
engineering.

I can't really give specifics, as a lot of it is platform dependent, and
I've done a bunch of one off hacks and what not in the past.

But, the most basic tool, if you can get this out of the SSL environment,
would be to use a packet sniffer to watch a "working" transaction. These can
reveal a lot of subtle details in these cases.

Regards,

Will Hartung
([EMAIL PROTECTED])