Use Ant to build everything - and tell it where you want your compiled
classes to end up.

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Price [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2003 10:07 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Classes not being found in app's WEB-INF directory.

Lior Shliechkorn wrote:
> I had a bunch of problems with that until I packaged the classes and then
it had no problem finding the class files. Give that a try.

I too made the mistake of putting all of my classes directly under
WEB-INF/classes.  Now I would like to put them into a proper package,
but cannot -- CVS knows the directory structure that I have now, and if
I move the classes into a new directory structure (the package directory
structure "com/ptc/appname") then CVS will get all gorked up.

Does anyone have advice for this scenario?  Surely I must not be the
first person who needed to rearrange directories for a webapp using CVS...

Erik