Hello,
I'm attempting to set up a DataSourceRealm within a virtual host. What I would like to do is have every virtual host have it's own DataSource and have a "private" realm within the virtual host. In this way each virtual host owner can manage their own users in a set of DB tables that they control. I'm using the DataSourceRealm as opposed to the JDBCRealm because I had already set up the JNDI DataSource so I figured it would be easier to use it.

What I have discovered is that the realm within the virtual host *must* use a globally defined JNDI datasource. If I try to use the JNDI resource defined within the virtual host section I get a message telling me that "java" is not defined in the global namespace (a problem some other folks seem to have had).

My question is, am I misunderstanding something? My JNDI based DataSource within the virtual host can be used within my code with no problem. But either the DataSourceRealm is getting loaded before the JNDI resource and so it can't find the DataSource or it isn't using the correct scoping when looking up the JNDI DataSource. I notice that the code in the DataSourceRealm.open() doesn't lookup the datasource the same way I do in my code.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
scott dunbar xigole systems, inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] superior, co