I don't know offhand how you can do that, but if you want to reach up above the WEB-INF directory, you can use dot-dot (..).
- CB

Peter Lee wrote:

I am using Tomcat for servlets. How do I get the absolute path of a file in a directory above WEB-INF
directory of my web application?

Thanks

". . . / This Cabinet is formd of Gold / And Pearl & Crystal shining bright
And within it opens into a World / . . .
Another England there I saw / Another London with its Tower
Another Thames & other Hills / And another pleasant Surrey Bower
. . ."
- from "The Crystal Cabinet", a poem by William Blake.