Hi,

Let's say your Application is named as Test.

try this.

1. Let the default web.xml be there.
2. Go to %CATALINA_HOME%\webapps\Test
3. jar -cvf Test.war
4. place Test.jar in %CATALINA_HOME%\webapps
3. Remove %CATALINA_HOME%\webapps\Test directory.

Note no entry in sever.xml is needed. If you have a mapping for Test, make
sure you remove it.

in server.xml, you can specify unpackWARs=true to see the unpacked folder.

If you make war file from %CATALINA_HOME%\webapps, you can see your
directory structure, as %CATALINA_HOME%\webapps\Test\Test instead of
%CATALINA_HOME%\webapps\Test.

I'm using tomcat 4.1.10 with java 1.4.1.

Madhava Reddy

Try stomping the work file directory found in:

/usr/local/tomcat/work/Standalone/localhost

Then restart and see what happens.

Oops - just reread your message.

You need to change to /usr/local/tomcat/webapps.

Then execute the following command:

jar cvf apress.war apress/*

The problem is you don't have your top level directory
name when you change into the directory and jar the
application.

To convince yourself of this take your file and do a
jar tf apress.war.  Then remove the war file, change
to the webapps directory, issue the jar cvf apress/*
command and verify it with jar tf apress.war.

HTH

/mde/
just my two cents . . . .