Andreas,
I had a similar problem with a different character set under Windows. The ultimate problem wasn't Tomcat but was how the JDK converted to the underlying operating system's character set. I was able to solve it by passing a -Dfile.encoding=ISO8859_1 to the java command that starts Tomcat. I don't know if it is the same problem you are having or not. The problem I had was trying to handle Korean characters with the default CP1252 Windows character set. There are "holes" in CP1252 that Java converted to the '?' character because it didnt' know what to do with them. ISO8859-1 had a valid translation for all characters.

Again, I'm not sure if this is the problem you're having. Good luck, and if you get a chance I'd be curious if this worked.

Andreas Anderson wrote:

HttpServletRequest getPathInfo() decodes incorrectly?

I'm trying out Tomcat 4.1.18. HttpServletRequest doesn't decode path
info like it does with Tomcat 4.0.6. I'm running Tomcat on JDk 1.4.1
and Win2K.

When I invoke the follwing servlet with http://localhost:8080/test/TestServlet/a/%E4/b
req.getPathInfo() returns /a/?/b instead of /a/รค/b (the second element
in the path should be a funny scandinavian a with two dots above it).

public class TestServlet extends HttpServlet {

public void doGet(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse res) throws ServletException, IOException {

res.getOutputStream().print(req.getPathInfo());
res.getOutputStream().close();
}
}

Thanks,
Andreas

scott dunbar                                    xigole systems, inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                superior, co