I'm running the same setup and in the httpd.conf file, I have the
JkMounts in the following manner:

JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
JkMount /robbinsapps/* ajp13
JkMount /RobbinsApps/* ajp13
JkMount /*.do ajp13

This will map anything ending in .jsp, anything ending in
/robbinsapps/*, anything ending in /RobbinsApps/* and finally, anything
ending in *.do.  This is under the virtual host, so it applies to the
virtual host.

In the server.xml, I have a host entry that matches this virtual host
and under the host entry contexts that match robbinsapps and RobbinsApps

Ed