Ok John, you can type faster than I can ;) I was half-way thru these same instructions. Chris, this should all work - if not, give us a shout.

Lajos

Turner, John wrote:
Well, first off, you don't have any ROOT Contexts in that server.xml you
posted.

If you want http://my.domain.com/my.jsp to work, you need:

1) a Host element for my.domain.com (just like the one in server.xml for
localhost, but change the appBase)

2) a Context within that Host element that looks like this:

<Context path="" docBase="ROOT" debug="0"/>

3) a folder in the Host's appBase directory called ROOT
4) a folder in the ROOT folder called WEB-INF

5) a file in ROOT/WEB-INF called web.xml

6) my.jsp goes in appBase/docBase, in this case appBase/ROOT/my.jsp

If you don't want to do that, you can use the auto-deploy feature for
Contexts, and put a file called myapp.xml in CATALINA_HOME/webapps (or
rather, Host's appBase), the contents of which might be:

<Context path="/myApp" docBase="some/path/to/myApp"
debug="0" reloadable="true">

prefix="localhost_admin_log." suffix=".txt"
timestamp="true"/>

</Context>

John