From: Hari Venkatesan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 1:21 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Memory Allocation

Tomcat when starting uses 60M memory in heap. Why is that it is using so
much memory in heap. I found this by running jprobe memory debugger. I
have just one application in the context of server.xml file and don't
think the entire application gets loaded into memory. After doing a full
garbage collection, the heap memory comes down to 11M. Is something
going wrong or is it the way tomcat behaves?

Hari