> If you could pick any platform to run Tomcat on what would it be.

I enjoy playing around with Tomcat on my iBook (updated to 10.2.3,
finally).

(In other words, Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X, *BSD, HP-UX, AIX, etc., are
all UNIX of one sort or another. There are open source JVMs for the
*BSDs, but I don't remember what versions they are up to at this point.
I think there are a few people running Tomcat on the *BSDs.)

> Also what version of Tomcat is now the one to go with?
> I.e. stable, reliable, etc.

Browse the recent archives. There are several listed in the Tomcat pages
on the Jakarta site. I like marc:

    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/

--
Joel Rees <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>