That error is about your version of Apache.  You need 2.0.42 (preferably
2.0.43) minimum to use that mod_jk.so.  Note that 2.0.44 was just released
but is module-compatible with 2.0.43.

If you can't upgrade your Apache, you will have to roll your own mod_jk from
the connector source distribution, available in the same tree as the binary
you downloaded.

As far as I know, there is no binary available on the Jakarta site for
2.0.40.

John