Notice that you misspelled tomcatAuthentication.  You wrote:

request.tomcatAuthenticatoin=false

It should be

request.tomcatAuthentication=false

Jake

At 12:58 AM 1/23/2003 +0100, you wrote:
Ok,

   Sorry about the laguage.

   My Apache version is 2.0.43 and Tomcat 4.1.18. I have a servlets path
with the web.xml file with the authentication configuration in this way:

<security-constraint>
 <display-name>Example Security Constraint</display-name>
 <web-resource-collection>
 <web-resource-name>Protected Area</web-resource-name>
 <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
 <http-method>DELETE</http-method>
 <http-method>GET</http-method>
 <http-method>POST</http-method>
 <http-method>PUT</http-method>
 </web-resource-collection>
 <auth-constraint>
 <role-name>tomcat</role-name>
 </auth-constraint>
</security-constraint>
<login-config>
 <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
 <realm-name>BASIC Authentication</realm-name>
</login-config>
<security-role>
<role-name>tomcat</role-name>
</security-role>

And in my jk2.properties file I have this entry:
request.tomcatAuthenticatoin=false.

But, tomcat asks me for the login!
My users are authenticated throw Apache, and I want to use this logins
with my servlets.

Thank you

Aleix