They can't.  There's a mapping between the thing they're requesting and the
model
or models that are being called, you can't access the model directly.  You
could
access the page directly, but in most cases that won't get you anywhere, and
any
of the links that it points are directly controlled by the controller again,
so...

Really the only thing that's available that would allow you to bypass things
to any
level is the XSQL and XSL files I'm using to query the database, but I don't
pass
the XSQL mapping through apache to tomcat, you'd be getting the XSQL and XSL
files
as flat files rather than as the processed versions of those.  I could block
that in
apache, but as the XSQL files aren't in the same path as the page request
it'd be
a little hard to figure out where they are (and it lets me look at them
quickly if
I'm trying to diagnose something).

There's always something that can be done to make systems more secure, but
you
realistically need to balance the time and effort (both to secure it and to
use it),
with the environment.  My systems typically are installed on secure networks
where
all users are given fairly intense background checks.  So my balance is more
towards
the ease of use for the end user.

--mikej
-=-----