I have been complaining about a problem I have had with Apache 2.0.43,
Tomcat 4.1.18, Jk2 and Windows 2000.

The problem stems from the fact that if you define multiple vhosts/web-apps
listed in the httpd.conf file, then the last web-app will work 100%, but
ONLY the last one.  If you have multiple web-apps listed (before the last
one), the JSP pages will only work if they are filed in the root directory
of that web-app.  If you put JSP's in any other sub-directory, they will NOT
be displayed correctly.  Only the source of the JSP page will show and that
will be a MAJOR security problem for anyone using multiple web-apps on
Apache-Tomcat on Windows 2000.

This fix can be corrected if you put the URI information in the
workers2.properties file.  I have been told you do not need to do this if
you put the <Location> tag inside the <VirtualHost> as I have shown ... but
as I said this only works for the LAST web-app listed.

I am 99.99999999999999999% that this is a BUG with either Tomcat and/or Jk2
because of the nature of the problem and how I solved it.

My next step is to take the same configuration and port it to Red Hat Linux
8.0 and see if the problem still happens.  If it is a problem in Linux also,
I do believe that this problem will be fixed faster.   I can 100% of the
time reproduce this problem, and have done so many times now.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know.   Thanks.

              Tom

In the httpd.conf file, I had my virtual host configured as:

<VirtualHost *>
 ServerName tomholmes.net
 ServerAlias test.tomholmes.net
 ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 DocumentRoot d:/web_software/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18/wwwroot/test
 <Location "/*.jsp">
  JkUriSet worker ajp13:localhost:8009
 </Location>
 ErrorLog logs/test-error_log
 CustomLog logs/test-access_log common
 DirectoryIndex default.jsp index.jsp
</VirtualHost>

Partial listing of the server.xml file had a <Host> tag setup as follows:

  <Host name="test.tomholmes.net" debug="0" appBase="wwwroot"
unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">
directory="logs" prefix="test_log." suffix=".txt" timestamp="true"/>
    <Context path="" docBase="test" debug="0" reloadable="true"
crossContext="true">
prefix="test_context_log." suffix=".txt" timestamp="true"/>
    </Context>
   </Host>

Partial listing of the workers2.properties file as follows:

[uri:/test]
info=Example webapp in the default context.
context=/test
debug=0

[uri:/test/*.jsp]
info=Extension mapping