I have a web application that I have written that uses a controller servlet. The controller fires off event handlers that process the various forms submitted by the user in various parts of the webapp.

I am also using container managed security (forms based).

A typical URL will look like this:

http://myhost:8080/webappname/controller?event=login

or event=whatever, depending on where they are in the webapp.

Just for convenience sake, I would like to make an alias for login purposes that looks something like:

http://myhost:8080/webappname/login

I can't figure out how to map that to my controller servlet AND at the same time include the parameter event=login.

The servlet-mapping configuration in web.xml will allow me to map login -> controller, but how do I throw in the parameter and its value?

Thanks
Paul Phillips