getParameter() is misspelled.

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig R. McClanahan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 8:57 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: getting java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Davidson, Greg wrote:

> Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 17:44:23 -0500
> From: "Davidson, Greg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: getting java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
>
> I'm getting the following error:
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest
>
> when I try to execute the following:
>
> bean code:
> request(request, response)
> {
>       request.getParamater("inputBox");     //This line cause the
error.
> }
>
> Why isn't this (javax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest) in my/tomcat's
> classpath??  Is that the problem??

Most likely explanation is that you modified Tomcat's classpath to put
servlet.jar on it, or put the class containing the above code into the
system extensions directory, or otherwise messed with the standard file
layout.  Without more details about your environment, it's not possible
to know where the problem really lies.

Craig