Hello,
I have dug through the tomcat-user archives and have seen this question come up
several times, but there was no concrete solution so I'll bring it up again.

For an upcoming project, I am going to have 3 websites. ex:
library.ci.tigard.or.us
police.ci.tigard.or.us
www.ci.tigard.or.us

Each website will have some features that require a login. It would be logical to have
the same username and password for all 3 and even more logical for the user to only
have to authenticate once for all 3 and have his/her session data maintained and
available to all 3.

Is there a single sign on solution that would provide that capability?

This concept of single sign on should not be confused with Tomcat's SSO. Tomcat's SSO
only provides SSO for different contexts within one virtual host. This is more of a
SSO solution along the lines of the .net passport.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
- Victor Soares