Percival Bragg wrote:
I am a bit confused about creating packages for
javabeans. I am working thru a book titled "JSP
Weekend Crash Course" which mentions nothing about
compiling the bean into a package or using an include
statement in the JSP page. Is the book incorrect or is
this also a viable solution.
Your book might be somewhat dated. As of JDK1.4, it's recommended that all classes be placed into packages, and you can't import a class from the non-package ("default" package) namespace into a package.

You can read a few more details here:

http://mindprod.com/jglosspackage.html

Erik

PS: I only know this b/c I ran into a similar problem. I vowed never to write an unpackaged class in Java again!