I have code from an existing project that given an html email will wrap it up in a MIME email and send it off.

Since the email is dynamic and fancy, I have found the best way to generate these (in other app servers), is to call on the app server to do the work.

Instead of opening up a socket to port 8080 and sending the HTTP request, is there a way to get TomCat to render a URL using the session and all the beans and give me back the HTML contents as a java.lang.String (or something I can convert to String)?

--
To purchase it is not like spending money
but rather it is an investment in the future