Hi there,

This may be an off-beat question.

Basically I am creating an installation application for my software, for
some people who are going to demonstrate it.

What I want to be able to do, is detect whether the correct version of
Tomcat is installed on their system.

The installer will only be used in a Windows NT/2000 environment. I being
platform specific goes against the whole point of JAva, but this is a case
where the guy doign the demo is all the way over the other side of the
world. Have found some classes that will read the registry in a Sun Java
environment, but Tomcat only lists the version as 4.1, is there a way to
tell whether it is 4.1.1x as opposed to 4.1.1y etc?

Regards

Steve Vanspall