Look in the J2EE docs for HttpServletRequest.getPathInfo.

Sean Dockery
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Wallace [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 17:17
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: web.xml servlet and resources

Hello all,

This is a fairly simple problem but I haven't been able to find an
answer anywhere (I've been looking for the past day or two).  I'm hoping
this is a common situation and is possible, but from what I've seen I
can't see how.

What I want is for the resources (images, css files, etc.) to be in a
path relative to the servlet.  So, if I have an images directory and the
servlet URL is http://www.domain.com/some-servlet, the images should be
accessible from this URL, http://www.domain.com/some-servlet/images.
So, I want to set the URL pattern for some-servlet to be /.  If I do
that then every URL beginning with that will be grabbed by the servlet,
including http://www.domain.com/some-servlet/images/logo.gif (as an
example).

Suggestions?  Thanks.
--