I am trying to configure a new realm for MySQL, and I am finding debuggin problems at
this point is next to impossible and very frustrating. When I try to start Tomcat, the
console window pops up for a second, an exception message is thrown and the window
closes before I can read it. The log files do not show any of this output, so I am
stuck with changing things one at a time to see if I can get Tomcat to fire up and
generate logs!

Any advice on how to get output to a log file when I can't start Tomcat???

Thanks, Geoff