Hi,

I need your openion about sharing a resourse across webapps.

Imagine I have two webapps, App1, App2. A resourse named Central.java must
be shared across the two webapps. The idea is to have unique acess to a
method in Central.java for threads from two or more webapps.

I suppose, I can define a Resourse and share the resourse across webapps.
Ref:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html

it says,

>>>Create the JavaBean class which will be instantiated each time that the
resource factory is looked up. For this example, assume you create a class
com.mycompany.MyBean, which looks like this:
If I like my resourse to contain a static synchronised method ( block if you
like, for performace reasons ), will this synchronization work across
Webapps? Theoritically, it must work.

If am in the correct direction until now, in fact I need to share a resourse
across a SOAP Service and one Web application, not between two webapps. How
different is sharing a resourse across webapps than sharing across SOAP and
webapps?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions...

Madhav