If you are trying to generate a 500 by accessing a url outside a context then the error page defined within the context won't get triggered. Where are you putting your error-page tags? You could try altering the web.xml in tomcats conf directory...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Thank you for the reply.

I should be clearer. We are developing a struts app and I am using tiles
and declarative error handling features.
My goal is to have the user only my error pages (not server errors ect.)
I know that certain errors fall outside of the struts controller.

Over the course of development, I have triggered the odd 404,400, and 500
tomcat error page.
In web.xml i was able to map 404 and 400 but not 500.

I can simulate each error:
404 - calling a non existent page
400 - calling a non existent action mapping
500 - calling without a web app context: ie /action.do instead of
/myApp/action.do (I'm sure there are other ways..)

The reason I posted to this list is that I am under the understanding that
I could map any error code to a page.

Am I wrong?
<!-- This works...-->
<error-page>
<error-code>404</error-code>
<location>/error/ServerError404Page.jsp</location>
</error-page>

<error-page>
<error-code>400</error-code>
<location>/error/Server400ErrorPage.jsp</location>
</error-page>

<!-- this does not work - why? -->
<error-page>
<error-code>500</error-code>
<location>/error/Server500ErrorPage.jsp</location>
</error-page>

Thanks for the help..

"Craig R. McClanahan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 02/03/2003 10:01:07 PM

Please respond to "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>